NAFA Scholarship Statement of Regulations and Requirements
- NAFA will give three (3) scholarships of $1000.00 each year. Cash scholarships are to be used for college expenses.
- Previous scholarship recipients may not apply.
- Applications must be received by August 1 of the current year.
- Financial need is not a requirement for these awards. However, the following requirements must be met:
- Minimum ACT score of 22/SAT score of 900.
- Rank in top 35% of your high school graduating class.
Transfer or student in college
- Have minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Submit a recent photo for press release purposes.
- The scholarship competition is open only to the children or grandchildren of NAFA Active, Associate, Supplemental and Affiliate members in good standing, or the children or grandchildren of employees of NAFA member firms.
- Submit a written essay of 1-2 typewritten pages that gives a brief biographical sketch of the individual along with reasons why they feel they should receive the scholarship.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a recent teacher. Neither recommendation should be from a family member.
The Committee for the NAFA Scholarship will collect and screen all scholarship applications. Recipients will be announced at the NAFA Annual Convention.
NAFA Scholarship Application
- Submit the application with your essay and photo.
- Write an essay addressing your work bio, experience, career objective and leisure time interests.
- Request two letters of recommendation.