NCT Level II Training – Bag in / Bag out (BIBO)
Next class will be held in Summer 2023
This certification program is an accreditation provided for learning and demonstrating the correct and safe protocol for proper BIBO procedures in regards to hazardous air filter housings. BIBO housings are commonplace at hospitals and healthcare institutions, pharmaceutical facilities, and biopharma research operations.
The need for properly trained personnel for this hazardous protocol prompted the National Air Filtration Association several years ago to launch the NAFA Certified Technician Level II accreditation program. This program involves a 3-hour tutorial, a 64-question open-book written exam and practical exam. Participants passing the two tests will receive the NCT Level II designation.
- NAFA Certified Technician – Level I
- Own, read, and understand the Installation, Operation and Maintenance of Air Filtration Systems
- NAFA Members: $550 per person
- Non-NAFA Member: $1,150 per person
- All additional supplies for the training are included in the price. (Full face respirator and full body Tyvek® suit, etc.)
To maintain NCT II Certification, you must complete one continuing education credit per year from the categories listed below. This activity must have been completed between October 1 and September 30:
- 4 Credits:
- Attend NAFA Technical Seminar
- Attend NAFA Annual Convention
- Attend an industry recognized multi day technical seminar (ASHRAE, INDA or similar)
- Attend a 2+ hour training seminar related to HVAC/IAQ/Filtration given by a supplier/manufacturer of HVAC/IAQ/Filtration related products
- Attend 2+ hour seminar on HVAC, IAQ or filtration given by a related association or organization such as AABD, ACCA, AIA, AFE, AFS, AMIAQC, ASHE, ASHRAE, BOMA, CETA, EPA, IAQA, ICB, NAPE, NEBB, NEI, NSPE, RESE, SMACNA or TABB
- Serve as Chair or Vice Chair of NAFA committee and attend at least 2 committee meetings
- Write a technical article for publication in Air Media or other recognized industry publication related to HVAC and air filtration
- Give a technical presentation at the NAFA Tech Seminar, Annual Convention or other event related to HVAC/IAQ/Air filtration or otherwise present technical information related to the industry for educational purposes
- Present an in-house seminar or attend an in-house seminar presented by a CAFS or other industry expert on a topic related to HVAC/IAQ/Air Filtration
- Present or attend a webinar presented by a CAFS or other industry expert on a topic related to HVAC/IAQ/Air Filtration
Contact NAFA Staff for an Exam Application.