National Air Filtration Association
CODE OF ETHICS
This code of Ethics signifies voluntary recognition by members of the National Air Filtration Association of the responsibilities and obligations of professional self-discipline above and beyond the requirements of the law.
The purpose of the code is to inform the public that NAFA members intend to maintain a high level of ethical behavior and professional performance. In return for the faith and trust that the public places in them, members accept the responsibility and the obligation to conduct their business practices in a way that will be beneficial to the public. This Code of Ethics gives our customers a basis for believing that members will do their best to perform their services with high standards of competence and integrity.
The code expresses the standards of professional conduct expected of member firms and their employees in their relationships with clients, colleagues, members of allied trades, and the general public. The code is mandatory in character and serves as a basis for disciplinary action when the conduct of a member firm falls below the required standards as stated in the code.
Code of Ethics
The importance of air filtration systems to the health of clients and the efficiency of their HVAC systems imposes on members an obligation to maintain high standards of integrity and competence. NAFA members desire to establish the recognition of the air filter profession as one of honor and respect from consumers, government bodies, the insurance industry, the HVAC industry, the medical community, and the general public. The NAFA Ethics Committee insures that this goal is achieved by formulating and monitoring the Code of Ethics.
In recognition of their obligation to the public and the profession, NAFA members have agreed to comply with the following articles:
1. We will at all times serve our clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity.
2. We will be honest, accurate, and forthright in our advertising.
3. We will provide our clients with accurate inspections and evaluations of the cleanliness and physical condition of their HVAC systems and indoor environment, using this information to determine the type of filtration services required, if any.
4. We will assign personnel to projects who are qualified by knowledge, experience and character, and will utilize the services and products of those who possess specialized skills, tools, or trades not possessed by us when circumstances call for work to be done which we are unable to perform.
5. We will stay abreast of new developments in technology, tools of the trade, building codes, the Uniform Mechanical Code, and any other codes of information that directly affects our work.
6. We will serve a client only under terms or conditions that will not impair our objectivity or integrity.
7. We will advise client personnel of any problems encountered on a project and make subsequent recommendations as required.
8. We will be fair in our dealings with our clients and charge reasonable fees commensurate with the nature of products and services provided.
9. We will be accessible to customer inquiries, comments, or complaints on a completed service and will be willing to reach mutually acceptable terms under which any complaints can and will be addressed.
10. We will review the work of another member only if requested by the client but shall notify the member of the fact that we have been asked to conduct such a review.
11. We will require that all employees of our firm practice filter sales and service in accordance with all local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations affecting our industry, NAFA Guidelines, and the Code of Ethics.
The Ethics Committee shall hear and investigate charges of unethical conduct between concerned parties which are submitted in writing to NAFA Headquarters and will make recommendations to the Board of Directors concerning the resolution of those charges.
I certify I have read and understand the NAFA Code of Ethics, and I agree to abide by all provisions therein. * Comments
Are you human?