Personal Actions Supporting the Collective Wellbeing
NAFA is committed to providing a healthy, safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all. All participants, including, but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff and service providers are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct and Duty of Care. Responsibility is shared equally among all stakeholders, all of whom have a role to play in the mitigation of risk.
Code of conduct
NAFA is dedicated to providing a harassment-free program experience for everyone. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form related to gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, physical appearance, age, experience, or other characteristic.
- Use of hateful, obscene, defamatory, discriminatory, or violent language.
- Inappropriate use of sexual language, nudity and/or images.
- Unwelcome or uninvited attention or contact with another participant.
- Expressed or implied threat of physical or professional harm.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of presentations, sessions, or other events.
If attending virtually, unauthorized copy or screen shot of presentations, Q&A or chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space is prohibited. All educational content is the property of the author(s). Permission required for reuse.
NAFA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, including immediate removal from the 2021 Technical Seminar without warning or refund and restrictions on attendance at future NAFA meetings.
If you experience harassment, notice unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the NAFA staff or NAFA Board of Directors immediately. We value your attendance.
Duty of Care – Personal Accountability
NAFA is preparing the 2021 Technical Seminar experience so that all individuals on-site, attendees, speakers, staff and venue personnel remain safe, healthy and comfortable throughout the event. The NAFA Board of Directors has considered the desire of members to meet and conduct business in a COVID-19 compliant setting at the 2021 Technical Seminar. The health and safety of our members is our top priority.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 status and are in constant communication with the team at The Embassy Suites Scottsdale and local authorities. Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for recommendations on how to protect yourself against COVID-19. You can also see the current health and safety protocols that we will be following in Scottsdale, AZ.
Before Leaving Home
Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be travelling to and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you are experiencing any of these symptoms: temperature over 100.4°F, loss of taste or smell, cough, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches, headache.
- Review airline travel policies by visiting their websites: American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines.
- Review the Embassy Suites Scottsdale Health and Safety Plan which provides in-depth details on how the hotel plans to facilitate a safe, secure and healthy environment on-site for all participants
On-site During the Event
- Follow guidance from your local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Agree to complete the daily health screening consent form that will be provided to you at the meeting registration desk.
- Agree to always wear a mask in all areas of the hotel, including the meeting room, and outdoor space. The only exception is during meal functions where masks can be removed to eat and drink. You are encouraged to bring your own masks: however, NAFA will have a supply of mask available on-site.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by NAFA and respect others’ personal space.
- Meeting session will be set for appropriate social distancing. Rearranging of seating is prohibited.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the hotel and our meeting space.
- Appropriate signage will be displayed to reinforce social distancing and other safety reminders.
- NAFA staff and Board members will be enforcing safety protocols at the meeting as outlined here.
- Notify NAFA staff immediately if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Should you exhibit Covid-19 symptoms or test positive over the meeting dates, you will not be allowed to attend the meeting. Any additional expenses you may incur to quarantine or return home will be your responsibility.
If you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact NAFA staff to advise them of your situation.
Registration Cancelation Refund Policy
Cancelation requests must be submitted in writing by midnight Monday, April 19, 2021. Please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A $50 administrative fee applies to all cancelations.
All requests submitted after April 19, 2021 will not be honored. Please note that Coronavirus (COVID-19) refund requests made after April 19, 2021 will not be honored unless there is a government advisory prohibiting your attendance at the meeting. Should a government advisory or any other decision by the host hotel or NAFA prevent this meeting from taking place in-person, the meeting will be canceled and your registration fee will be refunded in full.
For any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to Chris Caple, Senior Meeting Manager at email@example.com