NAFA members have authored many studies and papers on air filtration and the application of technologies to improve living and work environments. These air filtration articles are published in NAFA’s Air Media magazine (available online) and other HVAC/R publications, and available to NAFA website visitors and members. In addition, NAFA archives many research projects on air filtration, indoor air quality, and environmental air quality.
Air Filtration Articles by NAFA Members
- Aerosol Treatment Chambers
- Air Filtration for Schools
- Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) Facilities
- Cleanrooms, Minimum Testing Criteria
- Clear on Clearance
- Controlled Environments – Explained
- Dealing With Schools’ Ventilation Problems
- Effectiveness of Germicidal UV Radiation for Reducing Fungal Contamination within Air-Handler Units
- How Many Types of HEPA Filters Are There?
- Improved Test Methods for Electronic Air Cleaners
- MERV Filter Models
- NAFA Position Statement on 52.2 Appendix J
- NAFA Position Statement on Bio-terrorism
- NAFA Position Statement on Ozone
- Pressure Drop and Electrical Cost Considerations in Filter Performance
- Pressure Drop Considerations in Air Filtration
- Providing An Air Of Hospitality
- Recent Advances in Particulate Air Filter Testing: Quality Assurance Framework
- Residential Air Filtration
- Review of Eurovent 4/10 – 1996
- SARS: The Facts Air Filter Professionals Should Know
- Selecting Proper Air Filter Efficiencies for Commercial Buildings
- Selecting the Right Filtration System
- Selling in the New Era
- The Importance of Air Filtration
- The Purpose of Paint Arrestors
- The Role of Filtration with Building Security in the Post 9/11 World: Is Filtration the “Silver Bullet?”
- Understanding MERV
- Using Furnace Filters as Whole House Room Air Cleaners
The National Air Filtration Association (NAFA) is a dynamic, non-profit trade association. NAFA members include air filter and component manufacturers, sales and service companies, and HVAC and indoor air quality professionals across the United States and in several foreign countries. NAFA is comprised of individuals and companies engaged in the sale, service and manufacture of the air filtration products.
NAFA’s certification and award programs include: NAFA Certified Air Filter Specialist (CAFS), NAFA Certified Technician Level I (NCT), NAFA Certified Technician Level II (NCT II), NAFA Clean Air Award Program, NAFA Product Certification, NAFA Scholarship Program
NAFA provides published guidelines and a library of air filtration articles of interest and importance to air filtration specialists world-wide. NAFA guidelines for commercial offices, higher education complexes, libraries, archives and museums are recognized as authoritative documents.
Join NAFA and associate with people who have a shared vision and purpose, gain valuable information from people who have problem-solving expertise and experience, get access to a library of information and resource materials, and continue your education with NAFA sponsored technical seminars and regional events.